Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

DIY Sprinkle Cake Toppers

My grandma's birthday was earlier this month and it was my job to bring dessert. Since it was her birthday I decided on making a birthday cake but I wanted it to be different than just a plain old cake. I took to Pinterest to find something to spice it up and I came across confetti cake toppers. They looked easy enough and definitely added something special to the cake so I decided to create it. I had mostly everything needed, except for the confetti. After searching in Target, Walmart and Hobby Lobby with no luck, I was ready to give up. I had to go to Hy-Vee to get some groceries for my cake so I stopped off. I was in the baking section when it hit me, instead of confetti I'll use sprinkles! I bought my ingredients and drove home excited to create my toppers! So today I'm sharing with you my DIY sprinkle cake toppers! They're super easy and add a special touch to any cake! 



What you'll need:


Shoebox lid// Parchment paper// Toothpicks// Sprinkles (I used the Wilton little circle ball multicolored ones)// Hot glue gun// Print out (not pictured)//

How to:

Step 1: Cut a sheet of parchment paper out and lay it in your shoebox lid. This will help the glue letters come off easier and the lid will catch any sprinkles. 
Optional: Print out the word you're creating on paper if you're not too good at free handing. 

Step 2: Draw your letter in hot glue and add your toothpick about half way up the letter.


Step 3: Retrace your letter in hot glue and add your sprinkles


Step 4: Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you have all your letters sprinkled out. 

Step 5: Let dry completely before sticking them into your cake.


And voila! You have your fun sprinkle cake toppers! It's that easy! Just make sure that your party goers know that they are not edible. That's one reason why I liked the sprinkles instead of confetti was that just in case any did fall off it would be okay to eat. You can spell whatever words you like! You could even do numbers if it was for a smaller cake. There are so many possibilities! 


If you try out the sprinkle ones snap and send me a photo on Twitter and Instagram, @samantha_goble, so I can see your fun sprinkliness! :)

What did you think of my sprinkle cake toppers? How do you jazz up your birthday cakes? Leave me a comment letting me know! 

Happy sprinkling everyone!  





"a world without rainbow sprinkles is a world without happiness"

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar