Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Up & Coming New Nashville- Laurie Killian Starr (With Exclusive Interview)

Laurie Killian Starr's spirit is ablazin’ and so is her stage performance. She has shared the stage with some of country’s biggest stars and has also spent the last few years writing songs with some of Nashville’s top writers- recording two of them on her latest album just released in March. The title cut on her album “That’s The Sound” was written with Marty Dodson and Dean Sams of the group Lonestar, while “Come Back to Me” was written with David Haywood and Charles Kelley of the group Lady Antebellum.

Born and raised in Illinois Laurie Lynn Starr is her real given name. Yes it's REAL Anyone who has been to her town would know...there isn't a thing but the Green Gables (bar/grill/worm shop) for at least 8 miles. Everyone knows everyone in Lexington. She began vocal training at age six, has studied piano for over ten and then studied music at Easter Illinois State U and Illinois State U. Shortly thereafter, she married her childhood sweetheart formed the band "Some Kinda Country" and we played little pubs and some fairs and festivals through out Central Illinois. She was picked up two years later by Cowboys Dance Club in Georgia as the lead female vocalist for almost 4 years. Through the years, Laurie has opened for acts such as Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban, Lonestar, Jo Dee Massina, Big and Rich, Montgomery Gentry, and many more.

Laurie has a great sound- very reminiscent of a cross between Martina McBride and Sheryl Crow.

You can check out a great video of Laurie talking about breaking into Nashville's music business here as well:


That Nashville Sound had a chance to catch up with the ever-busy Laurie and ask her a few questions:
TNS- What brought you to Nashville?
LKS- A Dream...
TNS- Looking over your career thus far, what do you rank as a couple of the highlights?
LKS- Opening for Keith Urban and having my last project mixed by Justin Neibank, produced by Dean Sams, and recorded at Blackbird Studio...just an all around amazing experience!
TNS- What might people be suprised to find out about you?
LKS- hmmm, I think everyone knows me pretty well but I'd say when I meet someone new...they are pretty shocked that I have a family and my oldest son is 13. My husband and I have been together since we were 11 so we were ready to have kids and start a family early in life.
TNS- What kind of music are you listening to? What's in your iPod?
LKS- I'm pretty open to any kind of music unless it's rap. I was raised on everything from broadway to country. I even have a little AC/DC in the ipod when I walk in the mornings.
TNS- If you had a crystal ball and looked forward ten years, what do you see for yourself?
LKS- I see a major record deal, fans out the wazoooo, a happy and healthy family....and enough money to pay the bills and get a Starbucks when I need one. Is that asking too much?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar